BBELC offers a Prekindergarten curriculum to help prepare them for every aspect of Kindergarten. This curriculum is used with children turning 5 in the winter months and also with children that decide to enter Kindergarten at the age of 6.
Teachers work with children to achieve goals in the following areas:
Approaches to Learning
Language, Literacy and Communication
Physical Development and Health
Science and Technology
Below are some of our Pre-K Goals for the year
BASIC WRITING SKILLS
* Continuing to write letters, numbers, and basic words
* Writing on lined paper
* Writing sentences
BASIC READING SKILLS
* Sounding out letters
* Blending sounds to read small words
* Sight words
BASIC MATH AND SCIENCE SKILLS
* Simple weight/measurement
* Opening food items by themselves
* Dressing themselves and trying to zipper their own jackets
* Packing their belongings up at the end of the day (folders, lunch boxes, sheets, etc)
HANDWRITING WITHOUT TEARS
All our Preschool and Pre-K classes take part in a fun, hands-on school readiness program. This program focuses on three core learning areas which are readiness and writing, language and literacy and numbers and math.
Throughout the year, using Handwriting Without Tears the children will learn important pre-writing and letter recognition skills.